A lifetime of good health starts with well managed physical, mental, and emotional development from birth through age 17.
Vecino’s team of board certified pediatricians and medical staff provide complete primary pediatric medical services, including
- Well child visits
- Sick visits
- Routine physical examinations
- School, camp and sports physicals
- Referrals to sub-specialists when needed
A healthy smile is part of your overall wellness at every age. The dentist and staff at Vecino provide quality care in a comfortable environment for children of all ages.
Your child’s baby teeth are important. Make sure your child has a first dental visit by the time he or she turns one or two years old. Your dentist will help keep your child’s teeth healthy.
Mental health and emotional well-being are essential to overall heath. Counselors help children and their families when life’s challenges become overwhelming.
Services are available for children, teens, parents and families to address issues that include:
- Behavior problems, such as disobedience, defiance, impulsiveness
- Depression and sudden mood changes, including anger and self-harm
- Managing anxiety and excessive fears
- Substance use and abuse, including tobacco and alcohol
- Problems relating to others at home, work or school
- Issues related to trauma, abuse and domestic violence
Treatment options include individual, group, family and couples’ therapy.
Enrollment Assistance for Medicaid and CHIP
Vecino can help you apply for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) any time of year. Call 713-828-3149 for assistance.
“The best thing about Vecino is that they had an answer to every question or concern I had before choosing my health coverage. Since we have jobs, they were willing to accommodate and see us after work hours.”Maria Torres